Rosin is a solventless concentrate of cannabis. In other words, it’s completely free of solvents and chemicals; it’s totally pure and is considered a cleaner cannabis extract. Obtaining rosin involves using heat and pressure to extract cannabis compounds, and in order to do that, you need a rosin press.
Put simply, a rosin press is a device that features two heated plates or pads. Cannabis material (flower, kief, sift, bubble hash, etc.) is placed in the press and it’s compressed, and that compression squeezes hot oil out of the organic materials.
As mentioned, no solvents or chemicals are used, but rather just heat and pressure, which leaves you with a pure extract in the form of rosin. This process was first used to make rosin for violin bows (the material that is rubbed across the fine hairs on a bow, allowing it to create more friction and better sound); hence why this form of cannabis concentrate is referred to as “rosin”. Because it’s pure, rosin is healthier than other types of cannabis extracts, and the effects are far superior.
While you could totally purchase rosin at your local dispensary or maybe even a head shop, it can cost a pretty penny. If you want to save yourself some money – or you’re thinking about selling it yourself – you might be considering making your own rosin. In order to do that, of course, you’ll need a rosin press. There are a lot of manufacturers that make rosin presses, but there’s one company that stands ahead of the crowd: Pure Pressure.
About Pure Pressure
Pure Pressure offers top-rated rosin presses and solventless cannabis extraction technologies. According to the manufacturer, they are advocates of solvent-less concentrates and strongly believe that rosin is great for both personal enjoyment and for medicinal purposes. To that end, they are committed to providing the highest quality solventless extraction technologies, including, of course, rosin presses, and have been doing so since 2015.
Pure Pressure offers four unique and distinct rosin presses, including their flagship model, the Pikes Peak V2, the Helix Pro 5 Ton, the Helix 3 Ton, and the Longs Peak. Below, you’ll find an overview of each models, including the features and benefits of each one so that you can choose the right Pure Pressure rosin press to suit your specific needs.
Pikes Peak Rosin Press V2
The Pure Pressure flagship model, the Pikes Peak V2 is regarded as one of the top-rated rosin presses on the market. It’s hailed for being easy to use, highly reliable, and for creating premium-quality cannabis rosin.
- 5 ton force. Outfitted with a pneumatic cylinder that doesn’t require any oil or maintenance, the Pikes Peak V2 delivers a mind-blowing 5 tons of force.
- Aluminum heat plates. The heat plates, which are constructed of 6061 aluminum and measure 10 inches by 2.5 inches in size, provide autonomous thermocouples and even distribute 0 degrees to 300 degrees F of heat, with 1 degree temperature accuracy.
- Pressware technology. Boasts Pure Pressure’s perceptive Pressware technology, which includes a full color display LCD touch screen and customizable software, which can save up to 29 pre-set recipes, allowing the rosin press to deliver unmatched consistency and puts the control in your hands.
- High capacity performance. Can process up to 3.75 pounds of flower and more than 7 pounds of hash or sift a day, and can press more than 20 grams of flower or 40 grams of hash or sift at one time.
Longs Peak Rosin Press
The Longs Peak Rosin Press is cousin of the Pikes Peak model. This pneumatic rosin press is designed and built for commercial processing and can even be fully automated (an optional feature).
- 8 ton force. Boasts an oil-free, maintenance-free cylinder that delivers an unprecedented 8 tons of force.
- Aluminum heat plates. The 10 inch by 3 inch heat plates are made of 6061 aluminum and provide independent thermocouples, which evenly distribute 0 degrees to 300 degrees F of heat 1 degree temperature accuracy.
- Pressware technology. Comes complete with Pure Pressure’s perceptive Pressware technology, which includes a full color display LCD touch screen and customizable software, which can save up to 29 preset recipes, delivering unmatched consistency and putting the control right in you hands.
- Commercial-grade pressing. Can process more than 40 grams of flower at a time and 7 pounds of flower per day, or more than 80 grams of hash or sift at a time and more than 12 pounds of hash or sift per day.
Helix 3 Ton Manual Rosin Press
For those who would like to make rosin at home for their own use, the Helix 3 Ton Manual Rosin Press is a great choice. It provides amazingly accurate precision and reliability you can count on in a compact, yet durably made machine.
- 3 ton force. Outfitted with custom designed lead screw twist press technology that delivers up to 3 tons of force or 6,000 lbf output.
- Aluminum heat plates. Dual 6061 aluminum heat plates measure 2.5 by 4.5 inches feature independent thermocouples that can evenly distribute 0 to 300 degrees F of heat with 1 degree accuracy.
- Pressware technology. Of course, the Helix is also outfitted with Pure Pressure’s Pressware technology, which includes a full color LCD touch screen and customizable software that can save up to 29 preset recipes, which puts the control right in your hands and delivers unmatched consistency.
Helix Pro 5 Ton Manual Rosin Press
Last, but certainly not least, is the Helix Pro 5 Ton Manual Rosin Press. With its unmatched control, you can make the highest quality rosin.
- 5 ton force. Custom-made lead screw twist press technology delivers up to 5 tons of force or 10,000 lbf output.
- Aluminum plates. Dual 6061 aluminum heat plates measure 2.5 inch by 7 inch and feature independent thermocouples that evenly distribute 0 to 300 degrees of heat and 1 degree temperature accuracy.
- Pressware technology. The intuitive Pressware technology puts the power in your hands. It features a full color LCD touch screen display, complete with customizable software that can save up to 29 preset recipes, for unmatched consistency.
Herb CEO Summary
Whether you’re launching a commercial rosin business or you’d like to make your own solventless cannabis extract at home, with Pure Pressure, you can rest assured that you’ll find a premium-quality rosin press that will meet your needs and exceed your expectations.
Pure Pressure enjoys elite status among rosin press brands and you can’t go wrong with any of their models. If you aren’t a commercial extract producer and just looking for smaller presses suited more for home growers we recommend you check out Nugsmasher and Rosinbomb as well as they have multiple compact models conducive to small batch pressing.