Growing weed can be a rewarding experience, but it can also be quite challenging. There are so many factors that need to be considered, and it’s absolutely essential that the right conditions are met. While growing outdoors might seem like the natural choice, if you live in a climate that isn’t conducive for cannabis plants, doing so many not be possible.
Don’t give up on your plans, though, because there is a way that you can grow healthy, robust, plants and yield impressive crops. How? By growing them indoors, of course!
In order to cultivate cannabis indoors, however, you need to set your plants up for success. That means that the conditions have to be optimal; the right amount of space, warmth, good open or closed loop ventilation, proper lighting, and appropriate hydration.
Of all the supplies you’ll need to meet the needs of the plants, a grow tent should most definitely be on the list of things you purchase. These tents are specially designed to create the ideal setting for cannabis plant growth.
They’re available in a variety of sizes, and if you’d like to grow a decent amount of plants – you’re planning on selling your products, for example – then a tent that measures 5 feet by 5 feet is the perfect choice. A 5 foot by 5 foot space is about the size of the common single unit storage space at urban storage rental facilities.
What is a grow tent? Why should you consider using a tent that measures 5 feet by 5 feet? How do you know which 5×5 grow tent to choose? To find the answers to these questions and more – and to see our picks for the best 5×5 indoor grow tents – keep on reading.
What Are Indoor Grow Tents?
Grow tents, as the name suggests, are specially designed to provide cannabis plants with the conditions that they need to thrive. These conditions include light, water, and air. These tents are constructed of specializes materials that allow you to successfully grow and yield cannabis crops all year long, no matter what type of climate you live in.
While the construction can vary, typically, grow tents usually feature sturdy canvas exteriors and reflective interiors that grow lights can bounce off of to ensure that your buds receive the light they need to thrive. They also feature ports that allow you to install equipment that you’ll need to grow your plants, such as lighting and ventilation.
The Benefits of a 5×5 Grow Tent
Grow tents are available in a variety of sizes, with the most common being 3 feet by 3 feet, and 4 feet by 4 feet. While these sizes are ideal for those who are just starting out or growers who want to cultivate smaller amounts, if you’re interested in growing a large amount of crops, a 5 foot by 5 foot grow tent is a real game-changer.
As you can imagine, grow tents of this size offer a decent amount of space, which means that you will be able to grow more plants; you’ll be able to use more equipment to create more ideal conditions, too. Additionally, if you’re thinking about growing vines and creepers, the larger size of a 5 foot by 5 foot grow tent would provide the plants the space they need to spread out and grow.
In addition to the larger amount of space that a 5 foot by 5 foot grow tent offers, tents of this size provide the same benefits that tents of all sizes offer, including:
- Year-round growing. One of the biggest advantages of using an indoor grow tent is that you will be able to grow your bud all year long. Whether it’s super-cold and snowy or it’s blazing hot and dry out, it doesn’t matter! With an indoor grow tent, the conditions will always be right for your cannabis plants.
- Odor control. Weed is known for its potent odor; in fact, generally speaking, the more aromatic the plants are, the more powerful and tasty they will be. While you may enjoy the odor, you probably don’t want to smell it all the time; plus, if you need to keep things incognito, then you definitely want to cut down on the scent. Indoor grow tents help to contain the odor that cannabis produces while it’s growing.
- Protection. A lot of people assume that indoor plants aren’t exposed to pests; however, that’s not necessarily true. In fact, indoor plants are just as susceptible to pest infestation; flies, spider mites, and aphids love to munch on indoor plants. Grow tents help to protect cannabis plants from these pests and they damage that they can do.
The Best 5×5 Indoor Grow Tents on Amazon
As you can see, there are lots of benefits associated with cultivating cannabis in an indoor grow tent. If you want to produce high yields or you’re planning on growing strains that creep and climb, then you need more space. A 5×5 grow tent will provide you with the space you need while also protecting your herb.
Finding 5×5 indoor grow tents isn’t hard; there are lots of different options available. What is hard, however, is trying to weed through all the different tents and choose the one that will best meet your needs. To help you on your quest for finding the best 5×5 indoor grow tent, we’ve taken the liberty of doing the research for you.
After reading through the product descriptions and customer reviews of dozens of models, and even trying them out whenever possible, our team has narrowed down the options to what we believe are the very best 5×5 indoor grow tents on the market.
Are your interests piqued? Here’s a look at our picks for the best 5×5 indoor grow tents.
MARS Hydro Grow Tent 5’x5’ 1680D Canvas Reflective Mylar Grow Tents with a Removable Tray
MARS HYDRO Grow Tent 5’x5′ 1680D Canvas Reflective Mylar Grow Tents with Removable Floor Tray for Indoor Hydroponic Plant Growing Room 60″x60″x80″ for TS3000/2xTSL2000
- 【LOCK ALL LIGHT INSIDE】MARS HYDRO Indoor Grow Tent interior is made of diamond mylar which is highly reflective. (Other brand’s mylar and reflective rate is as low as 50%, won’t provide efficient light. )MARS HYDRO 1680D canvas, being double stitched,…
- 【DURABILITY GROW TENT】Stable metal corner adapters and poles are the trustful supporters of the tent, standing sturdy, neither rusting nor paint-falling, quick easy tool-free installation. Mars Hydro’s heavy-duty metal zippers, with double layer black…
- 【EASY OBSERVATION FOR YOUR PLANTS】Special observation windows are made by double layers of cloth. Observe the growing conditions of your plants without opening the tent and avoid disturbing plants. The observation window also serves to dissipate heat…
- 【REMOVABLE TRAY KEEP FLOOR CLEAN】The package includes a removable waterproof floor tray to hold soil and fallen leaves. The tray, removable and water-proof, can be taken out to wash easily
- 【GUARANTEED BY MARS HYDRO】MARS HYDRO grow tents are easy to install even if you’ve never done something like this before. Clear Instruction and no tools needed! We also offer 30-day unconditional refund for quality problems. Feel free to contact us…
We’re starting off our list of the best 5×5 indoor grow tent with this option from MARS Hydro. Of course, it measures 5 feet by 5 feet, so you have plenty of room to accommodate your plants. The interior of the tent is comprised of diamond Mylar material, which is super-reflective. The exterior is constructed of 1680D, which is tear-proof, and it retains 100 percent of lighting beams, allowing your ganja plants to absorb more light. The material is super-thick, too, so no light will leak out.
Stable metal corner adapters and durably constructed poles provide this indoor grow tent with reliable support so that you can have confidence knowing that it will stand sturdily. The metal components are rust-proof, too, and the paint won’t chip. Heavy-duty metal zippers ensure that the door and windows of the tent stay securely closed and that nothing will seep out.
The tool-free installation allows for fast, easy set-up so you can start getting your plants set up right away. A removable waterproof floor tray will hold any soil that falls, and it’s waterproof, too, so you can wash it out when needed.
Observation windows are constructed of two layers of cloth, which means that the plants can be checked on without having to worry about stepping inside. The no-tool assembly and easy to follow instructions make for easy set-up, and ventilation holes allow you to fit the tent with the ventilation system of your choice. This tent is also backed by a 30 day unconditional refund on quality control issues.
- Durable canvas exterior and highly reflective interior
- Double-stitching increases durability and prevents air and light from escaping
- Heavy-duty double-zipper closure
- Appropriately sized holes for ventilation system
- Tool-free installation
- Special observation window
- Removable waterproof floor tray
- Backed by a 30 day refund
- The price is on the high side
Ohuhu 60”x60”x80” Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent with Observation Window
60″x60″x80″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent with Observation Window, Floor Tray & Tool Bag, Ohuhu 5’x5′ Plant Growing Tents with Durable 600D Oxford Cover for Indoor Plants Growing, Gardening & Germination
- Gorgeous Ventilation: With the large zippered door and a Velcro side window, you can keep an eye on your grows at all hours and regulate external airflow to keep the plants warm and provide better air circulation for the germination and flowering period…
- Highly Reflective: Comes with heavy-duty metal zippers, double stitching and 98%-reflective Mylar lining, blocking light from escaping and retaining heat while with the use of plant grow light inside, letting your plants make high-efficiency use of…
- Extra-Thick Canvas: Ohuhu 60” (W) x 60” (L) x 80” (H) hydroponics indoor growing tent constructed with heavy-duty 600D oxford cloth, tear proof & waterproof canvas. Keep your plants contained, prevent odors from leaking out, and stop unwanted…
- Easy Assembly: Ohuhu plant tents are easy to install even if you’ve never done something like this before. Parts come labeled with letters for ease in assembly. No tools needed, just make sure all the rubber feet are going the same direction. The…
- Rock-solid Stability: Structured with heavy-duty rust-resistant tubes for extended durability, the Ohuhu Grow Tent is strong enough to hold seed trays, pots and plant growth light, perfect for your plants, herbs, flowers, fruits and vegetables to thrive…
If you’re looking for a 5×5 indoor grow tent that is similar in quality to the above-mentioned option, but that it more affordably priced, than this option from Ohuhu is definitely worth considering. Their Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent offers 60 inches by 60 inches by 80 inches of room, so there is plenty of space to accommodate your weed plants.
The exterior is constructed of extra thick canvas material and the interior is lined with high reflective Mylar, which reflects up to 98 percent of light. The double stitching and the heavy-duty metal zippers prevent light from escaping, and perfectly sized holes can accommodate various ventilation systems. The Oxford fabric is completely tear proof and waterproof, too.
The Ohuhu 5×5 indoor grow tent is super-easy to assemble. Featuring heavy-duty, rust-resistant tubes, which are super-durable, provide rock-solid stability. No tools are required, and because all of the parts are lettered, just follow the instructions and you’ll have it set up in no time.
Rubber feet provide even more stability, and a thick, durable, washable floor provides even more protection for your plants. All of these benefits and this portable, reusable indoor grow tent is economically-friendly, to boot.
- Durable, waterproof, tear proof Oxford canvas exterior
- Highly reflective Mylar interior lining
- Heavy-duty metal zippers
- Tool-free assembly
- Thick washable rubber floor
- Rust-proof metal tubes
- Rubber feet ensure stability
- Affordably priced
- One user said that the package was damaged when they received it
Pylyfe Grow Tent 58”x58”x80” Grow Tent Room
If you’re on the market for a spacious indoor grow tent that’s even more affordably priced, yet is still durable, reliable, and easy to set up, the Pylyfe Grow Tent is a great choice. It offers 58 inches by 58 inches by 80 inches of space, providing your cannabis plants with plenty of room to spread out and thrive. T
he exterior is constructed of 600D Oxford canvas that’s both tear proof and waterproof. Double-stitched seams provides even more durability and prevents light from escaping. The interior is lined with a Mylar lining that reflects 98 percent of light, preventing light from escaping, retaining heat, and ensuring that your plants have the ideal growing conditions. Ventilation holes can accommodate various ventilation systems.
The thick stainless steel, rust-proof poles can support up to 120 pounds and are easy to put together and don’t require any tools. An observation window allows you to easily peep your plants to see how they’re doing while preventing minimal light and heat escape.
A removable tray floor is made of thick, durable, waterproof, washable material, and will provide your plants with extra protection and collect any leaves, soil, or spills that may occur. It’s backed by a manufacturer warranty, too. If, for any reason you aren’t completely satisfied, you can contact the manufacturer and they will send you a new one or issue you a complete refund.
- 600D Oxford canvas, waterproof, tear proof exterior
- 98 percent light-reflective Mylar interior
- Double-stitched seams
- Heavy-duty zippers
- Observation window
- Multiple circular double-sleeve vent holes
- Tool-free assembly
- Rust-proof stainless steel metal pole frame
- Durable waterproof, easy to clean, removable floor
- Backed by a satisfaction guarantee
- Affordably priced
- Some users said that it didn’t hold up as well as they expected it to
CDMALL Grow Tent Kit Complete 48”x36”x72” 600D Grow Tent
CDMALLGrow Tent Kit Complete 48”x36”x72” 600D Grow Tent+360W LED Grow Light +6” Fan Filter Combo Ventilation System+T5 Light+Growing Accessories for Indoor Growing(48”x36”x72” Kit-C)
- LED Grow Light 360W: Full Spectrum (Sunlight) and High PPF: it suits for the whole stage of growth. It includes universal Blue Red IR and white light provide everything desire in the natural sunlight.
- Grow Tent: You could grow your sapling at the 2-tier small tent, and transfer them to the larger tent after they grow taller. 600D lightproof oxford cloth ,PEVA material for Non-toxic and environment Friendly(PVC FREE),heavy duty zippers and double…
- 6″ fan &filter &ducting &combo: Filter/6″ Flange: 18″H x 10″D, 950 Iodine Adsorption Value, Coal Based activated carbon; Fan/120V60HZ; 174Watt; 1.45A; 2780RPM; 460CFM; duct φ6″ * 25FT, Galvanized steel Clamps
- T5 Grow Light: 2 Feet (Long) T5 HO Fluorescent Light 24W 6500K. Size: 18/3C SJTW 105℃ 300V Power Cord, 120V 5-15P Plug , L=10F 120V high power factor electronic ballast. Louvers make the ballast and light tubes cool and much safer.
- Package Included: 48”x36”x72” Hydroponics 600D Mylar Grow Tent Room w/Waterproof Floor Tray + Full Spectrum LED360W Grow Light + T5 Light + 6” Inline Fan Filter Ducting Combo + Grow Light Hangers + Digital Hygrometer + 24 Hour Timer + Fan Speed…
Wrapping up our list is a complete indoor grow kit that comes with everything you need to successfully cultivate your cannabis plants. Complete kits, or “marijuana growing starter kits” as they’re called are great because you don’t have to worry about fogeting a critical piece of equipment like ventilation fans and then having to wait for it. Instead everything comes ready to go in one box, which takes a lot of the complexity out of home growing and is a great way to get started cultivating your own cannabis.
This CDMall kit features a 48 inch by 36 inch by 72 inch grow tent with a 600D lightproof and waterproof exterior, non-toxic PEVA interior, heavy-duty zippers, and double stitched seams to prevent light and air leaks. The interior also reflects 98 percent of light and heat, ensuring that your plants receive optimal growing conditions.
IN addition to the grow tent, this kit comes with everything else you need, including an LED 360 watt grow light, a 6 inch fan, filter, and ducting combo, a TS grow light that emits HO fluorescent 24 watt light, and more! It’s also pretty easy to assemble and considering that it comes with everything you need, it’s actually pretty affordably priced.
- Durable 600D Oxford canvas and PEVA, non-toxic grow tent
- Comes with an advanced ventilation system
- Features full spectrum LED and TS grow lights
- Waterproof floor tray
- 24 hour timer
- Digital hygrometer
- Grow light hangers
- Some users said that the instructions were a bit hard to follow
There are other grow tent makers that don’t sell on Amazon, we just wanted to cover some of the best sellers within the Amazon ecosystem because so many people already do all of their shopping there and get cheap shipping.
Other grow tent manufacturers we like include SuperCloset tents, Secret Jardin, Goliath Grow, and even internet-connected “smart grow cabinet” brands like Grobo. You can check out some of these non-Amazon brands below:
Home Grower Pre-Shopping Tips
Before you plop down your hard earned money on a grow kit stop and take some time to accurately access your knowledge level and what your end goals are. People have a tendency to either underestimate or overestimate their proficiency with certain things because well, self-reflection is a naturally subjective exercise.
It’s important to take a good stab at it though because your level of cannabis cultivation knowledge or lack of cultivation education will dictate what type of grow setup is best for you. If you know almost nothing a complete kit that is as cheap as possible is smart because you’ll undoubtably make mistakes and who knows, maybe you find out growing weed isn’t for you.
On the other end, if you already have a green thumb and already are a regular cannabis user then maybe you can skip some of the smaller, cheaper options and go straight to a larger tent or heck, maybe it’s smarter investing in a more permanent greenhouse or hydroponic setup.
It’s also very important to read carefully what is included in a “grow tent” product. Some of them are very minimalist, meaning you get a tent and that’s about it. You will have to figure out your own LED lighting setup which is actually quite tricky without experience, as well as ventilation and nutrient delivery/optimal soil matrices and substrates.
Herb CEO Summary
Growing your own cannabis is just as rewarding as growing your own fruits and vegetables and if you’ve never done that, well, that’s something you should start doing ASAP!
Just like gardening, carefully thinking about how much food, or in this case, cannabis, you need to produce on a seasonal/annual basis BEFORE you break ground or start opening your wallet is a critical step to avoid buying things you don’t need or under/over-planning in terms of size/scale.
We think 5×5 is a fair size for beginner to intermediate growers. You can go even smaller with a mini grow tent which start as small as 2×2. There are also other more rare dimensions designed literally to fit inside of a closet space (think long and narrow) for stealthy home closet grows (for those without basements or backyards).
No matter how you cut it growing weed should be a pleasant experience in which you learn and grow with your plants, and having a proper environment that is conducive to their health is paramount to your cultivation success.
Last update on 2022-01-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API